Thursday, August 11, 2011

Comparing


I have this thing I do. I constantly am comparing myslef to other people. I compare my kids to other people's kids. I compare my possessions, my looks, my life, even my eating habbits with other people. A lot of times it makes me feel insecure. I feel like everyone else is doing so much better than I am.

This is no different for me spiritually. I look at the faith of others or the miraculous or wonderful things they have done to advance God's Kingdom and I feel completely inadequate. It is especially difficult when I am married to a pastor whose job is to do these things 24/7. (Not to mention that my hubs is pretty much perfect!)

I read this verse today and it spoke to me:

"Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else." Galatians 6:4

I really need to stop worrying about what other people are doing and focus on what I am doing. God has called me to be a wife and mother, and although I am not speaking to large crowds or writing books like Beth Moore, I am being faithful to what God has called me to do.

What has He called you to do? Have you responded? If so, than you are just as faithful as Beth Moore or Billy Graham! So stop beating yourself up!

No comments:

Post a Comment