Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Whining


My four year old son is constantly saying whining, "I want, I want, I want!"

"I want cereal!"

"I want to go outside!"

"I want, I want, I want!"

I am sure you get the point! He is constantly trying to control us by telling us what he wants. We have been trying to teach him to be grateful for what he has, not ask for more. Then it hit me....

I do this with God! I whine about what I want. I tell God what I want. I get upset when I don't get what I want. What I should be wanting is whatever God wants for me. I should be practicing gratitude, just like I have been trying to teach my son.

2 Corinthians 12:9
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

God's grace should be MORE than enough for me! I don't need anything else!

And God wants what is best for us. AND He KNOWS better than we do about what we need.

I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

Thank you God for using my son to teach me and humble me. Forgive me for all my "I wants". Change my heart and make me want what you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment