Friday, November 20, 2009

Nothing to Fear


The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident. (Psalm 27: 1, 3)

Oh how I long for this confidence! To trust in the Lord so completely that I would not fear anything, even an entire army rising up against me. Why don't I have this confidence? I know that God is bigger than anything that I might come against and yet I still struggle with worrying about silly things and being afraid.

I think maybe it comes down to this Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6) I do try to lean on my own understanding. It is almost like I see God as this puzzle and all I need to do is figure out where all the pieces fit. But the problem is that God can't fit in a nice, neat puzzle box and there is no way that I will ever be able to figure out where the pieces go.

I am thankful that God is patient with me! I know faith is a journey and I pray that someday I may have this confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment