Monday, February 7, 2011

Being Bold

I am reading this book called "Spiritually Sassy" and it is all about being bold in your faith. I am at a point in my life where I don't feel bold in any area of my life. I seem to have lost my confidence. I just had a baby 3 months ago and am struggling to loose that "baby weight" so I am having issues with my body image. I am living in a new place and although I am trying desperately to make friends, it is not going so well. Maybe I am comming across as too desperate but when I invite other moms over for playdates I keep getting rejected. When I was in college I used to be able to walk into a room full of strangers and talk to every single person there and feel totally comfortable. Now I have trouble even thinking of what to say when I am with friends.

Somewhere along the way, I lost myself. I think I lost my focus. I became absorbed with MY life and had less time for others. My focus was on raising my kids and being a good wife. Chasing around a 3 yr old and a 2 yr old while toting along a 3 month old does not give me much opportunity to have adult conversations and the adult conversations I have had for the last 3 years have mostly been with other moms talking about our children.

When I started reading the book I was really skeptical. If I couldn't be bold in normal social situations how on earth could I be bold spiritually. But then the book reminded me that the great thing about being a Christian is knowing that my God is bigger than any problem. By becoming so absorbed in my life I have forgotten to relinquish control to my Heavenly Father...something that is so hard for a control freak like me to do. Oh but when I do! The freedom!

The author put it so simply, "Our boldness is not found in building a better me, or in our self-confidence, but in trusting and relying on God to use us beyond ourselves for His purposes."

So many of us allow the obstacle of fear to tackle us in our minds before we ever venture into the realm of what God is calling us to do. If God calls us to do something, He will more than surely give us the tools we need to accomplish it!

2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness though our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

So I am praying for boldness. I am trying to "Let go and let God." To relinquish FULL control over to the Lord in ALL areas of my life. I crave to live radically for Christ.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment