Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nevermind the Joneses.

So God has been speaking to me LOUD and CLEAR.  You know what I mean? Those times where every message you hear is about the same thing and every time you open your bible you keep reading the same kind of stuff? And this is what I am hearing:

I am so BLESSED!

I have this file on the computer with stuff I dream about getting when I get rich.  I call it my "Get Rich File".  Here are some of the things I have in it:



Then God spoke to me over the last 2 weeks and told me that it wasn't good for me to be consumed by this desire.  The desire to "Get Rich". 

1 Timmothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

I started to realize that I have SO MUCH! How could I be looking for more? It is hard not to look at someone that has a huge house and nice things and not think, "I wish I could have what they have." But really I should be thinking about people who have less than me and instead of trying to GET more I should be trying to GIVE more!

Look what the rest of the world lives like:





This is how much food the average American household consumes in a week:


And this is the amount of food for a family in Africa for a week:


I hate that I am so focused on ME.  I want to be more focused on others. 

That is my prayer this week.

My friend posted this link on her facebook today and it is a great way to put things in perspective and it is exactly what God has been showing me the last 2 weeks.  Check it out and see how BLESSED you really are. 
Nevermind the Joneses.

No comments:

Post a Comment